On January 7th Cyrus turned 21 months! In just 3 short months he will be 2, can you believe it. I love this age. It is so amazing to see his personality emerging. The kid is so funny, he cracks himself up all the time. Ryan and I look at pictures and we both agree that we see a lot of our niece Olivia in him. So I guess that means he looks like my sister Rachel somehow. Actually, I always thought Liv and I looked similar. I guess my family genes are really strong.
Growth Stats for 21 Months
Weight: 27.7 lbs
Head: seems normal size
Here are some facts about our favorite little boy at 21 months:
- terrible twos have started early in our house, including but not limited to selective listening, throwing things, climbing on tables and chairs, refusing to sit at the table for dinner etc.
- has learned the fine art of negotiations "do you want an m&m, okay go pee pee in the potty"
- says "I love ME" which is really cute, even though he is trying to say "I love you"
- Uses even more words. I am amazed at how quickly his vocabulary expands. It seems like he is saying new things every day.
- Loves the song "itsy bitsy spider"
- loves to play peek-a-boo
- hides by closing his eyes and covering them
- Cows finally say Moo instead of boo, but milk is still bilm, and bear is bearm
- shows his dog affection by chasing her around the house with his lawnmower or one of his riding toys
- Loves Buzz Light Year and walks around saying "Buzz Buzz"
- Also loves our handy man Mike and says "mike, mike", Mike was over a lot this week to do some work. Cyrus followed Mike around so he could play with his tools.
- he no longer eats, well he eats very little
- favorite food: green beans, apples, bananas and special K
- Loves cereal, which he pronounces eeeewhooo
- favorite movies: Toy Story 1,2,&3 and Monsters Inc
- favorite book: The Belly Button book
- goes to bed between 7:30-8
- drinks milk before bedtime
- wakes up around 7:30, but some days he sleeps past 8
- naps have started to shorted on an hour and half
- runs and climbs on everything
- love Thomas the train. When he says Thomas my heart melts
Oh and Ryan and I love the picture we used for this post. This was taken on January 7th. We thought we were going to try and start potty training that weekend, but I totally freaked out about it. Since that weekend, there has been no time to stay home and work on potty training. So we have decided to go the casual route of potty training again. But doesn't he look adorable in his Thomas the Train underwear!