Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I made sure to order something that both Cyrus and I would enjoy - Chicken and Dumplings with mashed potatoes and sweet carrots. I was very brave and cut up some of my chicken for him and he LOVED it! He has not been a fan of pureed chicken but yummy chicken off mamma's plate is AWESOME and the carrots were yummy too. I think he was just excited to be eating the same thing that Mamma was eating.
We have been getting a little more adventourous in what we let him eat. It all started when my friend Tracey let him try some hummus, and he loved it. So now I usually let him have a little bit of what ever I'm eating - well as long as it is not spiced up. He did have some havarti cheese and a cracker yesterday - I was desperate. I know he's not suppose to have cows milk until he is one, but he was starving and we were out and he didn't want to nurse. Okay he wasn't starving he was probably just bored, but a little tiny bit of cheese and some cracker really made him happy. Oh yeah and I gave him Chocolate...
Overall I think Cyrus has a very healthy appetite! I am looking forward to our next trip to Cracker Barrell.
Cyrus is starting to really understand the concept of playing catch. He still needs to work on his release but other than that I think we have the makings of a great ball player here.
On the topic of noises...when we put Cyrus in his car seat this morning (at 5:15 am) he made Razberries of protest for about 35 minutes before falling back to sleep. I guess he doesn't want to spend all day in a car either.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
When we were up in Boston we discovered the OnDemand kids channels while staying with Bucca and Noname. Ryan and I enjoyed Pajanimals. Cyrus also enjoyed watching the Pajanimals. He sat and clapped his hands along with the music.
Cyrus loves music of all types. When music comes on he starts clapping his hands and swaying to the music. We think it is very adorable.
We have noticed that Cyrus is exhibiting some form of rhythm! There is hope for him.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
at 7:00am there was about 16-18 inches on the ground. Wow! I am totally having flash backs to Boston. It looks like we are trapped for the weekend with out a shovel. We are looking forward to bringing Cyrus out to play after his morning nap.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
TA DA...Baby Chiclet Teeth
I have been wanting to caputre a picture of Cyrus's first teeth for weeks now. But he has Daddy's beautiful lips...which means he has a huge bottom lips that hides his baby teeth very nicely. I know this is not the best picture of him, he was blinded by the flash, but it shows off his Chiclets - which is what Ryan calls those little tiny baby teeth in their. Remember when I said I was going to miss his toothless grin...well I only miss it a little because this little toothy grin is so adorable. However, with that said, I am really not looking forward to the top teeth coming in.
The good news is Cyrus still has not learned how to get up from the laying down position so there is no chance of him doing this while we are not watching him and taking cute pictures.
Cyrus likes to peek over the crib railing. You can not tell but he is actually putting his mouth on the crib to help support himself (ha! I guess it is time to get the gummy crib rail covering to prevent knaw marks) I am pretty sure that Cyrus will think that the crib is also a great teether!
I'm so glad I thought of it :)
Friday, December 4, 2009
- Cyrus reaches for Momma (regardless of who is holding him)
- Cyrus talks non-stop (baby babbles are adorable)
- Cyrus has learned that his voice has volume
- Cyrus has learned to make different sounds with his voice by using his hand or fingers (I'll post a video of this at some point)
- Cyrus likes to stand
- Cyrus can pull him self up if you give him your fingers for leverage
- Cyrus likes to hold your hands and practice walking
- Cyrus laughs at just about everything - we think it is amazing that Cyrus understands laughter - honestly how do babies know what funny is - amazing
- The binkie game has evolved. Now I take the binkie from Cyrus and suck on it, he takes it back, I whine like a baby and he laughs and laughs and laugh then he tries to put it back in my mouth and laughs some more
- His laugh is scrumptious
- If sitting in his crib playing he will try and peek over the edge of the crib to see you
- Finally loves his jumperoo
- Loves to snuggle with Momma
- Has done a belly flop into the pool at swim lessons and has successfully reorientated himself
- Claps when he likes something
- LOVES LOVES LOVES music and sings along with it - and of course claps his hands to it
- Has mastered the pincer grasp
- Likes to bang things together
- Has finally tried Mangos and LOVES them too
- Cyrus can find his binkie if he needs it while sleeping
At 8 months this is how Cyrus measures up (i don't have all the details now and promise to update this post later)
Schedule: Cyrus still wakes up between 4 and 5 for his first feeding. He then sleeps until 7 or 8 when he wakes up for his second feeding and breakfast. Cyrus usually naps between 9 and 10. He feeds again at 11, but he seems to be a bit more distracted at this time and does not nurse or take a bottle well. At noon he eats lunch then goes down for a nap at 1. We do lots of playtime in the afternoon but Cyrus still likes his late afternoon nap around 4 or 5. Then he nurses has dinner and gets ready for bed at 7.